Beyond it being mandatory for all Singapore companies to appoint a company secretary within 6 months of its incorporation, a company secretary in Singapore plays a pivotal role in the growth and success of a company. From ensuring that your company is acting in compliance with ACRA’s intricate statutory obligations, to playing the advisory role in your firm, your company secretary undertakes numerous roles in your company. As such, it is crucial that the firm you entrust your company secretary services to is competent and reliable. Here are three reasons why VentureHaven is your best bet when it comes to company secretary services.
The Duties of a Singapore Corporate Secretary
The corporate secretary in Singapore handles numerous roles, ranging from administration to preparation of meeting agendas. This includes:
- Corporate Statutory filing
- Maintenance of Minutes (AGM)
- Preparation of AGMs and Board Meetings
- Advising on legal and compliance frameworks
As such, your corporate secretary should possess an extensive knowledge of legal and compliance frameworks, as well as the internal controls and management of a company, for your secretary will be communicating frequently with directors of your companies and investors, to come up with new management strategies and aid in their decision-making process.
What can VentureHaven offer for Company Secretary Services?
Our Company Secretary Services help you to deal with the following:
- Corporate statutory –Annual General Meetings and Annual Report filing
- Nominee Directors
- Provision of registered offices
- Preparation of director’s resolutions
- Taking and maintaining of minute books
- XBRL filing – required by the government
- Incorporation of companies
- Advising on formation of companies
As your Corporate Secretary, VentureHaven will fill in the various roles required of a company secretary, and advise the Board of Directors on all matters pertaining to the company. With our thorough understanding of your statutory obligations, you can be assured that VentureHaven will help your company to comply with Singapore’s financial and statutory requirements, and act in a timely and accurate manner for your company procedures and developments, thereby helping you save on non-compliance penalties.
At our best value retainer fee, you can even engage VentureHaven to act as your Singapore Corporate Secretary to take care of all the necessary annual statutory requirements and reporting, saving you the trouble of having to handle these additional roles by yourself. This includes free consultations for Finance, Accounting, HR and Taxation Issues, as well as all other regulations pertaining to setting up a company in Singapore, making our package one that is definitely a bang for buck.
Our Comprehensive Singapore Company Secretary Services include:
|Annual Regulatory Compliance – ACRA & IRAS
- Preparation of the 1st Board of Directors (BoD) Meeting (If necessary)
- Preparation of company’s annual financial statements compiled in accordance with the Financial Reporting Standards of Singapore. These financial Statements inclusive of your company Balance Sheet / Profit and Loss statements
- Preparation and filing of Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Annual Returns (AR) with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). Ensuring that AR is filed within one (1) month of holding the AGM as mandatory required
- Tax computation and submission of Form C/C-S and monitor annual Corporate Tax filing deadlines from Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)
|Switch of Corporate Secretary
- Switching to us as your Corporate Secretary is a simple one step process, and our Client Services team will help to handle the rest.
- Advice Directors and Shareholders on your duties, power and responsibilities.
|Other Corporate Secretary Services
- Preparation of Company Resolutions and Lodgement of Changes with ACRA for any company such as change in directors, shareholders, company shares, address, bank signatories etc
- Preparing and Issuing Share Certificates for Directors to sign
- E-stamping of share transfers
- Preparing of Resolution for your corporate bank account