Singapore Work Visa and S Pass Application

To help you better understand what suits your current situation, we have summarised below the different Singapore work visas and pass types for your reference and comparison.

Call us at our Hotline +65 6444 3130 or fill in our Contact Us form if you need our specialists to attend to your specific queries.

Employment Pass (EP) Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) S Pass
Who is it for Professionals, Managers and Executives who wish to work in Singapore. High-Income Managers who want to work in Singapore, but not be tied down and have more flexibility Foreign entrepreneurs with business idea and plan and want to start the business in Singpaore Mid-skilled Employees who wish to work in Singapore
Duration of Pass

First time: 2 years

Renewal: Up to 3 years

Up to 3 Years Up to 1 year Up to 2 Years
Requirements – Salary Monthly Salary S$3,900 onwards

Existing EP Holder with S$12,000 monthly salary onwards

Currently Working Overseas with S$18,000 monthly salary onwards

N/A Monthly Salary S$2,400 onwards
Requirements – Others Recognized and Relevant (to Job) Qualifications N/A Business Plan
Satisfying of Specific Business Criteria
Diploma / Degree
Relevant work experience
Is it renewable? Yes No (1 time issue only) Yes Yes
Can I bring my family to Singapre? Yes Yes Yes Yes
Processing Time 1 to 4 weeks 1 to 4 weeks 4 to 12 weeks 1 to 2 weeks
Service Fee S$650 Application Fee,
S$350 Success Fee
S$650 Application Fee,
S$350 Success Fee
S$2,280 Application Fee S$650 Application Fee,
S$350 Success Fee
Employment Pass (EP) S Pass Work Permit
Position Type
  • Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job.
  • Mid-skilled technical staff
  • Semi-skilled workers from approved source countries
  • Usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills.
  • A degree or diploma. May consider technical certificates, such as courses for qualified technicians or specialists. The certification should include at least 1 year of full-time study.
  • Years of relevant work experience
  • SPM for Malaysians
  • Diploma for PRC
  • High School Certificates for North Asian Sources
Minimum Salary
  • Fixed monthly salary of at least $3,900 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries).
  • Fixed monthly salary of at least $2,400. The salary should reflect work experience. Older, more experienced applicants need higher salaries to qualify.
  • No minimum required.
Duration of Pass
  • First-time candidates: up to 2 years
  • Renewals: up to 3 years
  • Up to 2 years
  • Up to 2 years, depending on the validity of the worker’s passport, security bond and employment period.
Passes for Family
  • Minimum salary criteria of $6,000 to enjoy dependant privileges.
  • Minimum salary criteria of $6,000 to enjoy dependant privileges.
  • Not available.
Restriction on Nationality
  • No
  • No
Foreign workers from the following countries or regions may be employed:

  • Malaysia
  • People’s Republic of China (PRC)
  • North Asian sources (NAS):
    • Hong Kong (HKSAR passport)
    • Macau
    • South Korea
    • Taiwan
Quota System & Levy
  • No foreign worker levy or quota required. Employers may be required to advertise vacancies open to Singaporeans on Jobs Bank for at least 14 days before submitting an EP application.
  • Under the quota, the number of S Pass holders your company can hire is capped at:
    • 15% of the company’s total workforce in the services sector.
    • 20% in all other sectors.
  • Employers are limited by a quota for their industry and have to pay a monthly levy for each worker.
  • Levy is dependent on skilled levy and % of total workforce.
Medical Insurance
  • Employers can choose whether to provide medical insurance for EP holders.

Types of Work Passes for Foreigners

Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower issues four categories of working passes for
foreigners who wish to seek employment locally, based on job nature and the
applicants’ qualifications.

  • Employment Pass (EP) / Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)
  • S Pass
  • Work Permit
  • EntrePass

Eligibility Legally married spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.
Who can apply An employer or appointed employment agent must apply on behalf of the candidate.
Duration of Pass Up to 2 years, tied to the validity of the main work pass.
Is it renewable Yes
Work in Singapore Eligible Dependant’s Pass holders may be able to work here if they find jobs.
Foreign Worker Levy or Quota No
 Documents Required
  • Copy of the personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
  • For children who share a passport with their parent, you must also submit the parent’s personal particulars page.

Supplementary Documents

  • Copy of the marriage certificate
  • Copy of the official birth certificate stating the parent’s names (unmarried children under 21 years)
  • Copy of the adoption order or other relevant documents (unmarried, legally adopted children under 21 years)

For calculating foreign worker quota, please visit the following link here

Need Assistance in BCA/SLOTS,  CPF, WDA & ICA Matters?

Our corporate partner, City Net Employment Agency Pte Ltd (MOM Licence Number: 03C5185), provides dedicated services in the setting up of accounts, maintenance of the accounts and linking up with the various government agencies to ensure smooth flow of operations.

They are located conveniently on the 2nd floor of Furama City Centre in Chinatown.

60 Eu Tong Sen Street
#02-03 Furama City Centre
Singapore 059804

+65 6536 0790


Google Maps Generator by

Find Out More about Singapore Tax Residency & Citizenship