A company secretary is vital for a company to comply with governmental regulations. However, there are times where the company secretary fails to meet expectations.
What are some of the signs that you need a better company secretary?
- Taking days to respond to queries.
- Unable to communicate effectively.
- Poor and substandard compliance advice for your business.
- Failing to meet deadlines.
- Adding unjustified fees.
Late or incorrect actions that have led to fines and penalties.
Not providing supplementary assistance such as registered office and nominee director services.
If your company secretary displays any of the signs mentioned, it might be time to consider a change of company secretary. And that brings us to the next question.
How do you change a company secretary in Singapore?
You will need these 4 documents:
- Director’s Resolution in Writing
- Letter of resignation (for previous secretary, if any)
- Form 45B (for new secretary)
- and Lodgement (to notify ACRA of secretary change)
Thankfully, the new secretary would be able to help you with these 4 documents. They will also need to collect all existing files from the previous secretary to continue the job.
Facing problems with governmental regulations even though you have a company secretary? Not sure if your company secretary is performing as expected? Here are some of the tell-tale signs that your company secretary might not be up to standard and a quick guide on how to change company secretary in Singapore!
Thinking of switching to a more competent company secretary? Why not consider VentureHaven? Find out more from us via the channels below!